DIT FA errors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orthodoc2be

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a couple of emails from DIT regarding errors that they caught in FA. One of them states that in polycythemia vera, EPO is actually increased (FA says EPO is decreased). Uworld says it's decreased as well. Another error: DIT says that most common nephrotic syndrome in adults should not be membranous glomerulonephritis, but it should be focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FA says membranous glomerulonephritis is most common nephrotic in adults and focal segemental in HIV). Who do I believe?!

Members don't see this ad.

I got a couple of emails from DIT regarding errors that they caught in FA. One of them states that in polycythemia vera, EPO is actually increased (FA says EPO is decreased). Uworld says it's decreased as well. Another error: DIT says that most common nephrotic syndrome in adults should not be membranous glomerulonephritis, but it should be focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FA says membranous glomerulonephritis is most common nephrotic in adults and focal segemental in HIV). Who do I believe?!

1. People who have PV have very low levels of EPO because it is caused by a primary increase in erythrocyte production. People who have secondary polycythemia (increased altitude, sleep apnea, hypoxia) usually have normal or high levels of EPO.

2. FA errata corrected this and says focal is the most common nephrotic period.

1. People who have PV have very low levels of EPO because it is caused by a primary increase in erythrocyte production. People who have secondary polycythemia (increased altitude, sleep apnea, hypoxia) usually have normal or high levels of EPO.

2. FA errata corrected this and says focal is the most common nephrotic period.

:thumbup:

Yeah it seems that everyone is on board with the Focal Segmental at this point. I would say if you see it on your exam go FSS. If you get it wrong I am sure that one will get thrown out because over 60% of the students will likely pick that.