DIT + Pathoma Schedule help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uNiq1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I've been doing pathoma throughout the year and am about 95% done with it. I just bought DIT 2012. I'm finishing up with final exams after which I have 40 days to study for step 1.

I haven't touched a qbank yet and I am planning on buying Uworld.
Does anyone have a study plan to use DIT + Pathoma and then intermixed Uworld

Plan:

Look at DIT's schedule.

Before doing a video in DIT = do the corresponding pathoma/BRS physio
After the DIT lecture do all the Wolrd Q's associated with it.

Example: GI DIT has 5 GI vids in a row.
- Do BRS GI + Pathoma GI
- Then listen to the DIT video
- Finish it off with World Q's

Rinse and repeat: What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think it'd be better to cover all of FA/Pathoma and then cover all of DIT. DIT was designed as a review for somebody who has already familiarized themselves with everything in FA. Pathoma is a great complement to FA. It's hard to use Pathoma along with DIT because they're organized so differently.

I think it'd be better to cover all of FA/Pathoma and then cover all of DIT. DIT was designed as a review for somebody who has already familiarized themselves with everything in FA. Pathoma is a great complement to FA. It's hard to use Pathoma along with DIT because they're organized so differently.

I agree. Thats coming from a person who did DIT prior to thorough 1st pass of FA. EPIC FAIL!

Thx guys. Would there be enough time to do FA pass and then DIT with world in 40 days

Members don't see this ad :)
Thx guys. Would there be enough time to do FA pass and then DIT with world in 40 days

Yes. DIT should take you around 19 days. Thats if you do it properly. Meaning, take the time to do review quizes and then pause the videos as needed in between to do quizes and or annotate first aid. I will probably take you around 7 hours to watch the daily lectures and then around 3 hours for the daily review and then around couple of hours worth of questions.

I agree. Thats coming from a person who did DIT prior to thorough 1st pass of FA. EPIC FAIL!

I did the same thing, but I don't view it as a total epic fail, it was the only way for me to get thru FA once. Now that I'm almost done, I can read FA hopefully much quicker than going thru it with a first pass without DIT.

Im considering now redo'ing DIT via their schedule (just read as per their schedule like whatever they go over one day 1 read that in FA instead of watching the videos) And do 1-2 Pathoma chapters a day (watch the video/read them) and about 50-60 uworld questions a day if I can handle it.

Has anyone tried this? I still dont have a solid schedule and i think making a schedule and sticking to it is the only way to succeed rather than do a random bunch of craaap...

I did the same thing, but I don't view it as a total epic fail, it was the only way for me to get thru FA once. Now that I'm almost done, I can read FA hopefully much quicker than going thru it with a first pass without DIT.

Im considering now redo'ing DIT via their schedule (just read as per their schedule like whatever they go over one day 1 read that in FA instead of watching the videos) And do 1-2 Pathoma chapters a day (watch the video/read them) and about 50-60 uworld questions a day if I can handle it.

Has anyone tried this? I still dont have a solid schedule and i think making a schedule and sticking to it is the only way to succeed rather than do a random bunch of craaap...

That's my biggest fear too. Getting a schedule asap so I can stick to it. Solid schedule is the only way to keep sane near the end (at least for me it will be)

That's my biggest fear too. Getting a schedule asap so I can stick to it. Solid schedule is the only way to keep sane near the end (at least for me it will be)

I agree. Do you think approaching FA system based is better or subject based?

I hope we can figure out a schedule soon bc I am doin random stuff every day and it prob wont get me anywhere.

Agreed. I started with DIT first because it was my "quick and dirty" way of making up for the lack of annotating of FA throughout my first two years. They offered a few helpful tips and explanations along the way, but it really made me get through FA. I honestly don't think I'd be able to get through FA without the help of some audio/review course.

Also, regarding your plan -- sounds good. It seems similar to what I did. Although their organization in the beginning can get a little hairy -- for example, when I studied micro I liked to study all of it together... and it was scattered through days 2,3,4,5,7 or something ridiculous like that.

I'm also considering using the same resources (DIT pathoma and UWorld) and have about 40 days to study. My plan is to study FA and supplement with Pathoma, plus doing 1 or 2 blocks of questions per day for the first 2-3 weeks of my studying. By that time I should be able to get through all of pathoma, at least one good pass of FA, and hopefully around 75% of Uworld.

Then I will end with one of the more aggressive DIT schedules - 15 days, 18 days, have 2 - 3 days off at the end of DIT and just do questions for those 2 or 3 days then take the test.

I've done about 50% of Uworld during the year and gone through about 50% of FA thoroughly with my coursework. Does it make sense to end my studying with DIT, or should I begin my 40 days right off the bat with DIT? I'm thinking as I get more exhausted towards the end a total change to starting DIT will be good, plus help me run through FA one last time and hit all the high yield points I don't want to miss out on.

Thoughts?

You should probably end with DIT. That's the way the course was designed, and also because you've already gone through most of FA with your coursework. The reason I had to do DIT first was because I honestly haven't even opened FA in my first two years... much less annotated it. It was probably more of a mental block than anything else where I would just fall asleep as soon as I opened FA (trying to read it by myself).

You should probably end with DIT. That's the way the course was designed, and also because you've already gone through most of FA with your coursework. The reason I had to do DIT first was because I honestly haven't even opened FA in my first two years... much less annotated it. It was probably more of a mental block than anything else where I would just fall asleep as soon as I opened FA (trying to read it by myself).

I think I am going to just start reading FA alone now, starting with the subject based chapters first and then group the systems in blocks of 3 with Cardio/Resp/Renal then Neuro/Psych/MSK and lastly with GI/Endo/Repro as someone suggested to me on these boards in my other thread.

We'll see how it goes. I want to finish another pass of FA in about 24 days (while doing about 60 Uworld questions a day).