DIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringmd1015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long would it take to watch the DIT videos daily? as in without doing uworld questions etc, and just watch the DIT videos? and how does 2014 vids compare to 2012?

Members don't see this ad.

First of all it depends on how you are doing DIT

I listen to the lectures at 1x speed and follow along with the study guide

I annotate what is not found in First Aid, surprisingly it is quite a bit of extra info (each video has extra topics that arent found in First Aid and they add little high yield factoids to each topic)

I am only able to get thru 8 videos a day and that takes up the majority of my time studying during the day. I guess I could do questions if I really pushed myself but I get lazy after doing 6-8 hours of videos (each video takes me roughly 40-60 minutes to annotate / take notes, answer the questions, look up the pages in First Aid and read along). If you do 8 videos a day the program will take you 30 days. 10 Videos will take 24 days, 11 Videos a day will take 21 days. (2014 part 2 of DIT is 237 videos)

If you are not taking notes and not writing down the answers to the questions (if you are short on time), i think it is very feasible to do 11 videos a day (raw video time is 4 hours without any pausing to read First Aid and think about what you just listened to)

If you are taking notes and writing out the answers to the pre and post lecture quizzes i dont see how you can do more than 10-11 videos a day unless you kill yourself and write really fast.

That being said, I had a copy of the 2012 videos and they are TRASH and **** compared to 2014.

I cant speak for 2013, but the 2014 videos are about 100x better than 2012 and include page reference numbers for 2013/2014 First Aid which is very convenient. They also contain somewhat humorous Right Brain Facts (skits at the end of most lectures) that try to hammer home some of the key aspects of each lecture.

I am personally really impressed with the program and would HIGHLY recommend it to you. But if you are short on time I would probably avoid taking notes and writing out the answers to the questions. If you have the time I would take the notes and answer the questions bc all that will be doing is giving you a solid base of First Aid and you can just read thru the study guide for your second pass.

Good luck.

Also look online 2013 is definitely out there and so is 2014 if you look hard enough. I tried finding a copy of 2014 to PM you a link but couldnt find it here at work but try your hardest im sure you can find it with a little work

Reactions: 1 user
How long would it take to watch the DIT videos daily? as in without doing uworld questions etc, and just watch the DIT videos? and how does 2014 vids compare to 2012
What I did was something like 18 videos/day for 15 days. I did not use the workbook. I just put all the extra stuff into my FA. The questions are good reminder but I thought that was a time sink. I also listen to them at 1.5x because that is how I did my class lectures. IF you do that way, it is not that bad. It was a good starting point for me. I also did some Rx questions along with it to make sure I was getting the info down decent enough. I know several folks that got bogged down in it and did not get enough reviews of FA in. Said that hurt them. I think most folks need 3 reviews of FA except those that are just genius.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have plenty of time, how is the workbook oriented? is it compulsory?
Basically, it makes you fill out the blanks and then you feel like you need to write more notes than that. I am not much for writing my notes. I rather just read it out of FA. Once I learned some of the stuff was in FA, I just quit with the work book and followed along with FA. I like how they ask you questions but I did not find them a good way to learn the material. Just to make me think about while going through the material.

Plus, I found it much easier to just put all my info into FA so I had to just look in one book for all my added stuff.

Basically, it makes you fill out the blanks and then you feel like you need to write more notes than that. I am not much for writing my notes. I rather just read it out of FA. Once I learned some of the stuff was in FA, I just quit with the work book and followed along with FA. I like how they ask you questions but I did not find them a good way to learn the material. Just to make me think about while going through the material.

Plus, I found it much easier to just put all my info into FA so I had to just look in one book for all my added stuff.
i see, so does every single video correspond to pages in FA?

Has anyone watched the kaplan lectures, and then watched DIT? bc I've already gone through the videos, wondering if DIT is still needed to help me out with FA?

When I spoke with a DIT representative... they said if you watch videos monday through friday
- 12 videos a day would take about 6 hours per day and you would get through all material in 20 days
- 10 videos a day would take about 5 hours per day and you would get through all material in 24 days
- 8 videos a day would take about 4 hours per day and you would get through all material in 30 days

I haven't started yet so I'm not sure if that's accurate ...

starting using it, but not sure if its worth it. I thought most people said it completely correlates with FA but doesn't seem to be the case