Diversity Prompt Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheseKids

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really struggling with evaluating various topics for my diversity essay and need some help finding a direction. Here are my various experiences that I think are important, please don't quote these as I intend on removing them.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I did your 2 and 3 and combined them. I come from the same background as you (multiracial, immigrant parents) so I hope I'm allowed to talk about that lol.

Thanks for the responses! As a last question, how you deal with character/word counts. For instance, Mount Sinai & Penn have ridiculously short diversity secondaries, at 100 words and 1000 characters respectively. How can you reasonably explain anything with such brevity. I feel like I would have to completely "tell" my experiences in these cases without "showing." Is that alright?

Thanks for the responses! As a last question, how you deal with character/word counts. For instance, Mount Sinai & Penn have ridiculously short diversity secondaries, at 100 words and 1000 characters respectively. How can you reasonably explain anything with such brevity. I feel like I would have to completely "tell" my experiences in these cases without "showing." Is that alright?

I'm pretty sure it's ok to "tell" in secondaries. This isn't like the PS where you're explaining motivations for going into medicine. The secondary questions are pretty specific so I honestly think it's better just to be direct, clear, and concise. That's how I'm approaching it at least. I'm uber high stat so I'm playing secondary essays safe since I don't want to try to be creative and risk having them misinterpret it in anyway.

Reactions: 1 user