Diversity

Started by letsskate
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

letsskate

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if there is any stat about racial diversity about all the pharmacy schools anywhere on website? I have searched, but couldn't find any. I'm from an area where it's very diversed, so it's very important criteria for me when i decide which school to apply.

Thanks!
 
I'm not sure if there's a compilation for all pharmacy schools, but you can email the schools you're interested in asking for demographics and stats of their matriculating class.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think asking a student attending the school you're considering would be a good start. I'm not sure if school officials would tell you that information. I wouldn't know because I've never asked any questions like that.
 
If there was going to be a master document that would show the diversity stats from each school, it would be on the AACP page in my opinion. I poked around, but couldn't find one. They broke down first-year classes by sex and residency, but not by skin color/ heritage. :shrug:

Looks like you'll just have to start looking into schools that interest you and see if they list these stats themselves. I know some of the Texas schools have breakdowns of their recent classes.