DIY Post-bac what classes to take??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

resilience123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken all of the pre-reqs and am considering post-bac because of my 3.0 GPA.
The only thing is that I'm not sure about what classes I should take as a post-bacc.

Members don't see this ad.

I've taken all of the pre-reqs and am considering post-bac because of my 3.0 GPA.
The only thing is that I'm not sure about what classes I should take as a post-bacc.

Take upper division Biology classes. I have seen it recommended to take medical school like courses like Biochemistry, Physiology, Immunology, Genetics, Embryology, etc. Taking upper level biology courses will also help with your MCAT if you have not taken it yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Immunology, if it's available to you

Members don't see this ad :)
Anatomy
Physiology
Microbiology
Neuroscience
Pharmacology
Cell Bio
Genetics
Molecular Biology
Immunology
Biostats
Histology
Nutrition
Pathology or similar

Reactions: 2 users
depending on your science/nonscience distribution and your grade trends it may be worthwhile to consider the DO route directly. This will allow you to retake classes for grade replacement, thus wiping away old grades for GPA improvement based on new courses.
Thanks for the feedback.
I've retaken a majority of the classes that I got a C or lower in; DO undergrad GPA cumulative: 3.26 and science: 3.4.

I am definetly thinking of applying to DO schools in the future but my homeschool that I want to get in is an allopathic school. I'm trying my best to not move out of state.

Anatomy
Physiology
Microbiology
Neuroscience
Pharmacology
Cell Bio
Genetics
Molecular Biology
Immunology
Biostats
Histology
Nutrition
Pathology or similar
This is a great list, thanks!! I've taken a few of these classes and gotten A's thankfully.