DIY Post bacc dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blvckbvnny

Reaction score
I am planning to take UCLA extension courses as my "DIY post bacc". I had originally planned to do around 36 quarter units over the year or so to make it a solid DIY record. But my research PI recently gave me some advice and told me that I should just focus on taking as many as I need to push my gpa over the 3.5 hump and then stop there (i have a 3.44 cGPA/sGPA). This would only take me about 6 classes or 24 quarter units over the course of a year. Would this look like a joke to med schools?

Also, regarding the class choices. There is a class this quarter called "Human Anatomy and Physiology." It is a PHYSCI X 400.6 course so its good that its upper division, but its not a full on anatomy class with the labs and cadavers, which I was hoping for because it would prepare me better for med school. But, there is a full-on Anatomy class offered in winter quarter, but the problem is that its technically an intro/lower division science. The title is "introduction to human anatomy" and its a " PHYSCI XL 13" course. I don't know which class I should go with for my situation. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.