DIY Post Bacc Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rigs92

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year, everyone!

I've been back on my journey to become a physician since taking the suggestion from SDN in April to start a DIY post bacc. I'm hoping for some advice from the SDN community. I am currently doing GPA repair(uGPA:2.73 in 2015) to get into an SMP or maybe a DO school if I do better on my MCAT this time (503 in 2019). As of right now, assuming I keep up the pace for the rest of wintermester, I'll have 19 hours of 4.0 (9 at university: Immunology, Drugs and Behavior, and Bacterial Physiology and Antibiotics) of the 24 I need to bring it to a 3.0.

I'm enrolled in these classes next semester and also plan on retaking my MCAT in June which I've begun preparing for.
Currently Enrolled:
Virology (UTA)
Brain and Behavior (UTA)
Biochem 2 (UTA)

Microbio and Intro to humanities at the local community college.

Deciding between:
Dropping intro to humanities for AP2 at the community college (Currently in A&P1 for wintermester)
Dropping intro to humanities for another Upper level biology course at UTA.

Would there be any extra merit in taking just another upper level biology class at a university vs AP2 at CC in the eyes of the adcoms?
Would it be realistic to apply this cycle in May?

Thank you, guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
UTA has some awesome biochem classes! Fellow UTA DIY post-bacc here lol get as close to 3.0 that’s my goal anyways.

UTA has some awesome biochem classes! Fellow UTA DIY post-bacc here lol get as close to 3.0 that’s my goal anyways.

That's really encouraging to hear! It's been a while since biochem 1 so I've been reviewing like crazy lol