DIY Post Bacc or Formal Post Bacc if missing four classes?

Started by kemiru
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kemiru

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a graduating senior from NYU who took about half of the pre-med requirements. I decided against going to medicine, but my internships after my junior year made me realize that I would like to be a doctor, but it was too late to get all the requirements in as well as complete my major and college's specific requirement courses. My undergrad g.p.a is 3.51 graduating with a double majoring in Sociology and Public Policy (B.A degree). I still have to complete Org II, Physics I and II and Biochem. Should I enroll in a formal post bacc? I was thinking of taking the courses at Georgia State as a post bacc. What would y'all recommend? What are some benefits of a formal post bacc?
 
I would go with taking the remaining courses at Georgia State.

But the thing, I completed Orgo 1 like a year and a half ago. So i would have to retake orgo, and I don't know how med schools would see me taking orgo 1 again at another institution.