DL wants Pharmacists trained for PIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nothingtolose

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just told by my PIC that DL is wanting every Pharmacist in the district to get trained to be a PIC for future readiness and wants me to apply for the training. I'm not sure if this is true or they just want to rope me in. I've asked a pharmacist in the district and they said they have not heard of that. Is this not supposed to be optional? If I decline will I get put in the bad list, because I'm not interested in a PIC position? I do great as a staff pharmacist and I'm satisfied with that. I do not think it's okay to want to have all pharmacists get trained for PIC. I feel that if I do take the training I will be expected to take a PIC position when asked to since I'll already be trained for it and I honestly do not want to be put in such a position.
Any advice to get out of this will be greatly appreciated.
 
Why don't you just address this to your DL? I don't even think it would be that much training compared to what a staff pharmacist does anyways...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I were you, I would just do it for job security. It won't be very hard to cut back your hours and have a new grad floater take your position for less pay. Take the training and give yourself an edge in case. No one is forcing you to be a PIC but at least you'll have the training just in case. No harm.
 
Sounds like your DL needs bodies to fill the pharmacist Manager in training and your PIC is either an EL or wanna be DL. It’s not mandatory but don’t expect any favors in the future.

What you have to lose is your time for free labor and dumb projects.
 
I was just told by my PIC that DL is wanting every Pharmacist in the district to get trained to be a PIC for future readiness and wants me to apply for the training. I'm not sure if this is true or they just want to rope me in. I've asked a pharmacist in the district and they said they have not heard of that. Is this not supposed to be optional? If I decline will I get put in the bad list, because I'm not interested in a PIC position? I do great as a staff pharmacist and I'm satisfied with that. I do not think it's okay to want to have all pharmacists get trained for PIC. I feel that if I do take the training I will be expected to take a PIC position when asked to since I'll already be trained for it and I honestly do not want to be put in such a position.
Any advice to get out of this will be greatly appreciated.

How long have you been a staff?
 
As far as day-to-day operations go there is nothing a corporate PIC should know that a good staff pharmacist wouldn't know already.