DLOSCE Exam State Licensing Board Eligibility?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistrydmd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which states will accept the DLOSCE as a form of licensing or any that are in the process of accepting it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oregon may be going back to requiring a clinical exam testing hand skills starting Sept. 1st. Washington currently is accepting it as an emergency temporary measure in light of the current situation. They are working to write the legislation to accept it permanently.

Reactions: 1 user
Have people thought about requesting their respective licensing boards so that they move to accept it as a form of licensing sooner?

Unfortunately dentistry is too much of a good ol boys club and will be stuck in its ways for years to come. Regional testing boards is a multi million dollar business every year and they have years of relationships with dental boards that will not be overcome by the requests of new dentists overnight. I am hoping that it moves to a universal national assessment like Canada does but I do think it will take time.

Have people thought about requesting their respective licensing boards so that they move to accept it as a form of licensing sooner?
The guys running the DLOSCE gave a presentation and they said everyone should put pressure on their state board to accept it as state boards want to hear from their members

The guys running the DLOSCE gave a presentation and they said everyone should put pressure on their state board to accept it as state boards want to hear from their members
I saw this too! I have been sending emails to some state boards and have yet to receive any responses. If we all let them know we want to use this form of licensing they will move to approve it.

It looks like the states of Colorado and Indiana have been added! So far the states that will accept it as of today are Washington, Oregon, Iowa, Alaska, Indiana, and Colorado!