DMU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

breimer

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing at DMU on Friday March 29th, and I would like to know a little about that interview. Are there any tricky questions that they ask, or is it mostly the "basics" like why DO school, your qualities that make you a good doctor, etc..? I have had other interviews that have been layed back/conversational, and some that have been structured where you answer 5 questions, and the interviewer says nothing in response. So I am just curious as to what to expect.

Also, I would like to know about how many people who are interviewed initially are offered a spot? My numbers are MCAT 31, GPA 3.6 with research, volunteering, and shadowing MD and DO. Do you think my chances are good? I have applied to MD schools too, but I am on a wait list at one, and got rejected at the other.

When I learned about DO school, and their philosophies, I decided that I would rather go there even if offered a spot at an MD school.

Thanks for your help

Members don't see this ad.

I went to DMU for an interview during November and I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience! You are interviewed by basic science professor, student, and clinical professor. Prior to interivew they looked your file and will ask you personal questions as well as ethical questions. I told them boldly that MD can practice like DO if a MD treats his/her patient as a whole. Only difference that I find is that DO can practice OMM which DMU is known for. Show you interest in DMU and tie this with DO philosophy. I guess my honesty played well for them because I was accepted. Although my credentials are not as high (27 MCAT and 3.7 GPA) I've received acceptaces from two MD schools and two DO schools. Upon accetance to HPSP scholarship I will go to DO school, PCOM! This school is close to my home state, Virginia.