DMU Masters of Public Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone currently undergoing the DPM and MPH at the same time? Is it hard to add in the additional classes necessary to complete the MPH within a reasonable time (4 years)? Do you think it will help you in the future with a private practice or part of a group? If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it as I am thinking of following this route and to start taking courses this coming summer on campus rather than online. Was hoping to get back in the swing of school since I've had a year off working.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone currently undergoing the DPM and MPH at the same time? Is it hard to add in the additional classes necessary to complete the MPH within a reasonable time (4 years)? Do you think it will help you in the future with a private practice or part of a group? If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it as I am thinking of following this route and to start taking courses this coming summer on campus rather than online. Was hoping to get back in the swing of school since I've had a year off working.

There are plenty of people doing both degrees. I don't see the importance of it and would prefer to do online work later in life if I deem it necessary.

I always suggest making sure you can handle the work load of your DPM degree before adding anything else. Unless you only applied to get your DPM degree so you can get a discount on your MPH.

Again, I'm not in the program, so you can only take my opinion at face value (like all the other crud I post on SDN).

2010 class president is starting her MPH or MHA (I can't remember) this summer so when you get here, you can ask her, she's a good source, the 2009 class president is also getting her MHA, coincidence? I think not.

She's doing the MHA. It is kind of funny how she's following in the 2009 Pres' footsteps! :)

dsad: I'll be starting my Masters program (the MHA though) in the summer at DMU too, so I'll be a click away if you have any questions.