sdhere1234

2+ Year Member
May 14, 2016
I just had 4 of my courses that I listed under behavioral sciences changed to Biology since they are all neurosciences based and I mistakenly listed them as psych. This should improve my sGPA quite a bit. I was verified on 8/9 and have since finished all my secondaries.

When files are under review, do they download them directly from the AMCAS server? Or how exactly does this work? Thanks.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
I would if you were interviewing at my school.

Reactions: sdhere1234

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I just had 4 of my courses that I listed under behavioral sciences changed to Biology since they are all neurosciences based and I mistakenly listed them as psych. This should improve my sGPA quite a bit. I was verified on 8/9 and have since finished all my secondaries.

When files are under review, do they download them directly from the AMCAS server? Or how exactly does this work? Thanks.
If the courses where still being changed, had the application been transmitted to the schools prior to the change?

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
If the application has already been transmitted to the school, the answer is more likely than not. Once a school gets an application from AMCAS, it usually gets an a basic academic evaluation based on GPAs, MCAT, and a few other factors., creating an academic score/classification (like a LizzyM or other system). Often based on that, it then gets sent around in part or whole to various adcom members who are reading/evaluating it. That can be sent in static format (ie pdf) that does not necessarily get changed. If an updated application comes in, it typically will not be re-screened to at that initial evaluation and the initial readers may or may not see the updates. The updates will likely be noted and part of initial review, but as to how much depth and discussion is impossible to predict

So in short, it varies by each school and by where the application is in the workflow. There is no way to know this or predict. Sending an email to the school may help in getting the update sent to readers.

Last edited: