Do ADCOMs ever try to identify an applicant's SDN identity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuco's revenge

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You know how when your driving the speed limit and theres a cop right behind you and it still makes you nervous? similar thing going on here.

I've never been to a medical school interview, but I feel like I'm gonna be scared that the interviewer is gonna be an ADCOM from SDN. I'm probably gonna spend my entire interview worried that they know I'm Tuco's revenge, and I'm gonna be trying to gather clues on his/her SDN identity instead of focusing on the interview.

This is how I've always imagined my interview:

I'm gonna shake hands with the interviewer, sit down, and start talking. after about 10 minutes of interviewing he's gonna ask me, "so [my real name], what are your hobbies?" I'm gonna say you know "baseball, football, hanging out, being a great role model for my sister etc etc"...and he's gonna say "oh thats very cute, but aren't you forgetting a big one?"
I'll say "No sir, not to my knowledge".
He'll say "how about trolling on SDN? I know its you, Tuco. I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time"

*The door slams shut*

*Sweat starts dripping down my face*

"I-I d-d-d-dont know w-w-what your t-t-talking about s-s-sir. what is an S-S-SDN? T-T-Tuco?! oh, you mean Taco? haha thats a good one! thats funny! I love Tacos!"

*His solemn expression makes me realize theres no way out of this mess. he knows too much*

The rest of the story has many possible endings, none of which are good, so I'm gonna stop here

Serious question: Do people in admissions ever try to identify a candidate's identity from SDN? Even just for good fun?! I see people post stuff on threads like "INTERVIEWING TOMORROW AT STANFORD" and their signature has their exact stats. Surely ADCOMs can easily find out who it is, if they tried or cared.

Thanks for the responses!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Dude honestly I feel like a real adcom would have better things to do than scrub SDN 24/7. That's why I don't really think Goro is a real adcom. He's on here way too often.

(And before you mention it-yeah I'm on here a lot too. That's because I have no life)

Reactions: 4 users
Dude honestly I feel like a real adcom would have better things to do than scrub SDN 24/7. That's why I don't really think Goro is a real adcom. He's on here way too often.

(And before you mention it-yeah I'm on here a lot too. That's because I have no life)
nah man I've never seen you on here before. Name's Tuco. nice to meet you. and sick avatar. You can judge a man's character from his avatar.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Your posts reek of presumptions. In addition it seems like when you give advice to people you have a propensity to do this based on your opinions rather than any source of clear and verifiable data or even experience. Of course every place including SDN is not perfect and has its flaws. But there are many people who can tell you about how greatly they benefitted from this site. I would recommend reevaluating your personal vendettas so that it does not inhibit the amount of knowledge you can gain from here.

Reactions: 3 users

>implying one can't have a life and also be on SDN all the time
>implying SDN is all that time intensive
>implying that being faculty on SDN doesn't require one to have a faculty ID and email sent to SDN and verified

Reactions: 6 users
Goro or LizzyM, wherever I go to interview, I'm gonna be worried my interviewer is one of those two. I think I will identify them on interview day. I'm the sherlock holmes of these stupid endeavors.

For example, the interviewer will say "so where do you live", and I'll respond with "somewhere west of st. louis, sir/ma'am haha" and if he/she looks at me weird, its GORO for sure. If the interviewer asks for my non-academic interests, I'll say "I like numbers, some of my buddies actually call me the king of numbers", if he/she responds funny, its LIZZYM for sure

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Aren't their accounts verified ("verified physician / faculty")?

Lmao if they do, I have some serious explaining to do. Maybe you should try to gauge their SDN identity. I know I will I I get some interviews.

It would be weird if adcoms found out the identity of SDNers with few posts (<200 posts or so). These are usually seasonal members who register during MCAT time or beginning of app cycle and disappear for good after completing their cycle. Not really significant.

However, SDNers who made notable impacts on these forums are probably much more likely to be identified. Anonymity is key to avoid being outed awkwardly during interviews.

It's the only reason I didn't get into Northwestern

Reactions: 8 users
I've learned from experience that it's super hard. But people drop so many hints here that Deans and their staff do try to vet people. Social media is also examined. So don't expect many of the trolls who post here to ever be doctors.

Serious question: Do people in admissions ever try to identify a candidate's identity from SDN? Even just for good fun?! I see people post stuff on threads like "INTERVIEWING TOMORROW AT STANFORD" and their signature has their exact stats. Surely ADCOMs can easily find out who it is, if they tried or cared.

Thanks for the responses![/QUOTE]

I've learned from experience that it's super hard. But people drop so many hints here that Deans and their staff do try to vet people. Social media is also examined. So don't expect many of the trolls who post here to ever be doctors.

[/QUOTE]
Oh crap. I ruined my anonymity already.

[/QUOTE]
Good thing I never troll this forum then