Do AMCAS Traffic Rules Apply to TMDSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sandman23

All Glory to Jesus
Reaction score
Is the following correct: If you hold a non-AMCAS acceptance (i.e. TMDSAS, DO, etc), you can hold those past April 30th.

Members don't see this ad.

Is the following correct: If you hold a non-AMCAS acceptance (i.e. TMDSAS, DO, etc), you can hold those past April 30th.
These traffic rules are guidelines for people holding more than one acceptance. If you have just one there is nothing to do except follow the directions of the school you currently hold.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
These traffic rules are guidelines for people holding more than one acceptance. If you have just one there is nothing to do except follow the directions of the school you currently hold.
I should’ve been more specific with my question. If we have multiple acceptances, does the AAMC count only AMCAS schools as what we need to narrow down to or also TMDSAS?

I should’ve been more specific with my question. If we have multiple acceptances, does the AAMC count only AMCAS schools as what we need to narrow down to or also TMDSAS?
On or before April 30 make your choice which “one” school will it be AMCAS, or TMDSAS?
If you chose AMCAS CTE but didn’t withdraw from your TX school I think they could see that.
Bottom line, read the offer emails from each school to see what their decision deadlines are, exactly.

Last edited:
On or before April 30 make your choice which “one” school will it be AMCAS, or TMDSAS?
If you chose AMCAS CTE but didn’t withdraw from your TX school I think they could see that.
Bottom line, read the offer emails from each school to see what their decision deadlines are, exactly.
Beyond a time (usually two weeks) to accept the offer, I haven’t seen any info on school-specific deadlines to hold one offer.

And to add clarity to my question, I’m asking if we have acceptances in AMCAS & TMDSAS, can we hold one offer in each or does the traffic rules apply to only one offer held across both systems?

Beyond a time (usually two weeks) to accept the offer, I haven’t seen any info on school-specific deadlines to hold one offer.

And to add clarity to my question, I’m asking if we have acceptances in AMCAS & TMDSAS, can we hold one offer in each or does the traffic rules apply to only one offer held across both systems?
I believe I answered that question.
AACOMAS is separate

Read
  • April 30: Last day you can hold multiple offers and must decide which program to attend and withdraw from other schools. All applicants are subjected to the AAMC traffic rules.
... It’s possible to hold multiple offers during the rolling admissions period. Make sure to follow the instructions the schools have included in your offer. A deposit may be needed if you wish to hold your spot (as instructed by your school). Deposits are handled on the school’s end, not TMDSAS.

Check to make sure you are abiding by the terms of the agreement you signed with the school you also applied through AAMCAS) to ensure you are following the national AAMC traffic rules.

April 30th is the last day to decide which offer to accept and which to withdraw.