B

BeatrixKiddo

Do DO's and Md's hold the same stats for entering the programs of their choice?

About the Ads

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Do DO's and Md's hold the same stats for entering the programs of their choice?

Good question.

I think this comes down to the school rather than the degree.

Some schools seem to match their grads into their higher ranked programs while other schools dont.

A good stat to find out about a school is what % of students match into one of their top 3 residency spots.

B

BeatrixKiddo

Good question.

I think this comes down to the school rather than the degree.

Some schools seem to match their grads into their higher ranked programs while other schools dont.

A good stat to find out about a school is what % of students match into one of their top 3 residency spots.

I see. Would it probably be schools that are well established.

merlin17

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2002
Status (Visible)
I guess I have to disagree (now that I'm way deep in the match process). The % matched statistic means very little. Look all over this board and you can hear of people saying "I don't have a prayer for ortho, derm, ent" so I'm thinking of applying in x,y,z. So this statistic is alread skewed because people typically aren't encouraged to apply in specialties they aren't competitive for. Then there are others who wanted to go to school x but didn't get an interview there and that doesn't count against the school's % matched at first choice statistic either.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.