DO and MD in residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BeatrixKiddo

Do DO's and Md's hold the same stats for entering the programs of their choice?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do DO's and Md's hold the same stats for entering the programs of their choice?

Good question.

I think this comes down to the school rather than the degree.

Some schools seem to match their grads into their higher ranked programs while other schools dont.

A good stat to find out about a school is what % of students match into one of their top 3 residency spots.

Good question.

I think this comes down to the school rather than the degree.

Some schools seem to match their grads into their higher ranked programs while other schools dont.

A good stat to find out about a school is what % of students match into one of their top 3 residency spots.

I see. Would it probably be schools that are well established.

I guess I have to disagree (now that I'm way deep in the match process). The % matched statistic means very little. Look all over this board and you can hear of people saying "I don't have a prayer for ortho, derm, ent" so I'm thinking of applying in x,y,z. So this statistic is alread skewed because people typically aren't encouraged to apply in specialties they aren't competitive for. Then there are others who wanted to go to school x but didn't get an interview there and that doesn't count against the school's % matched at first choice statistic either.