DO Anesthesiology residency scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a competitive COMLEX score for DO residencies? I received a 526 and was just wondering, I know audition rotations are really important in the process.

Members don't see this ad.

For Osteopathic programs I have heard program directors like COMLEX >550 but audition rotations can go a long way. Most allopathic programs like to see >600 and some require USMLE scores. If you have more questions feel free to message me

As Jade alluded to, most D.O. residencies are very interested in how you faired during an audition rotation more so than a board exam. These programs are generally small and want to make sure you fit with them and they fit with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
For Osteopathic programs I have heard program directors like COMLEX >550 but audition rotations can go a long way. Most allopathic programs like to see >600 and some require USMLE scores. If you have more questions feel free to message me

So what would be the average USMLE score those MD programs would look for from a DO student?

So what would be the average USMLE score those MD programs would look for from a DO student?

I'm sure it depends on the program... a little above their average, I would assume. Maybe it's is 5 pts, maybe it's 20.

If you can smoke the USMLEs, you'll get lots of love as a DO. ;)