Do any of you guys find it beneficial to read questions first

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedkid1994

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys find it beneficial to read questions and answers before tackling the bis/biochem passages?
I find that some are very detailed and they don't even test you on some of the details. And the details mess up with your head and confidence. So wouldn't it be better to read the questions first so you know what to look out for?

Members don't see this ad.

I always read the entire passage word for word before tackling the questions. I like to have a good idea of what the topic of the passage is before tackling the questions. If I had looked at the questions before reading the passage, I might have made faulty assumptions.

I always read the entire passage word for word before tackling the questions. I like to have a good idea of what the topic of the passage is before tackling the questions. If I had looked at the questions before reading the passage, I might have made faulty assumptions.

Yeah that makes sense.
I just can't keep up with everything in my head though (shoulda been a bio major or done research lol)

What do you think of quickly skimming the passage to get a sense of what its about. Then reading the questions and going back and reading word for word?

I got a 71%/63%/64%/71%

I know what my weakness is in bio and it's understanding the passages

Yeah that makes sense.
I just can't keep up with everything in my head though (shoulda been a bio major or done research lol)

What do you think of quickly skimming the passage to get a sense of what its about. Then reading the questions and going back and reading word for word?

I got a 71%/63%/64%/71%

I know what my weakness is in bio and it's understanding the passages

If your weakness is understanding the passages, you should definitely read the passage thoroughly before answering the questions.

Reactions: 1 user