Do anyone know about Stevia rebaudiana sugar? Pls help

Started by Antonyz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Do you thing Stevia rebaudiana sugar is good?


  • Total voters
    3

Antonyz

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a friend who is currently using Stevia rebaudiana Sugar and he said that its very good. I'm not sure abt that but my mom want to use it. SO anyone who know abt this sugar, pls tell me some information for considering of using it, pls 🙁
 
SOrrry, but i dont know what scr is? 🙁(, additionally, this kind of sugar is popular in your place, isn't it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean by "good"? Do you mean healthy, do you mean it tastes good, do you mean for diabetics, etc? I can't answer your poll without knowing what you are talking about.

In general, Stevia is a sugar substitute. I find it tastes OK, but like every other sugar substitute I've tried, it does have an aftertaste. If one needs to watch their calories or sugar content, then yes its good for that. It's a very good option for people who have an intolerance/allergy to NutraSweet/Splenda. Like any sugar substitute, it should be used in moderate amounts, and there many be individual reasons why a person shouldn't take it.
 
It raised my mom's Scr by about 40%. That's the only experience I've had with it though.
That's pretty crazy. Stevia is a newer sugar substitute that is natural, extracted from a plant I believe utilized in South America for a long time as a contraceptive. So far, not many studies to show long term effects as far as I know and I use it too bc of my type 1 diabetes.
 
That's pretty crazy. Stevia is a newer sugar substitute that is natural, extracted from a plant I believe utilized in South America for a long time as a contraceptive. So far, not many studies to show long term effects as far as I know and I use it too bc of my type 1 diabetes.
Yea it was really weird. She started using it in her tea which she drinks about half a gallon of every day. Her creatinine went up 40% and her PCP + me had no clue why. After looking at all the things she had been doing recently we stopped that and sure enough it went back to baseline.

I wouldn't be so convinced it was the stevia that did it but my mom decided to start secretly using it again a few months later and same exact thing happened lol. Classic challenge/dechallenge/rechallenge :laugh: