DO applying DR suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ISOtwinkie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
OMS3 here, I am 100% set on DR. It's the only specialty I can see myself enjoying long term.
I was wondering if anyone can point me towards some programs I might have a shot at? I've looked at programs to see whether they've accepted DO's in the past, but I've realized these can be misleading because that one DO per year could have had 250+ step 1. Not picky about location.

STEP 1 - 220ish, COMLEX-610ish
STEP 2/COMLEX 2 TBD
research - a few presentations, a few pubs (non rads specific)

Members don't see this ad.

You definitely do not need a 240 step 1 if you’re not picky about geography.

Reactions: 1 user
Just apply broadly (focus on Midwest programs which are usually more DO friendly), and apply to all former AOA Rads programs (theres a decent amount that made ther merger)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Check this post out by Radagion, he lists several schools that are more DO friendly.

Reactions: 1 users
Check this post out by Radagion, he lists several schools that are more DO friendly.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much.

University of Illinois College of Medicine-Peoria (UICOMP). Very DO friendly for Rads residents and fellowships. (I’m EM core faculty but work closely with the Rads program/residents/fellows).

Reactions: 2 users