Applying for VSLO Peds Aways in April

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lavender_coded_devil

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! MS-3 here from TouroCOM. So I'm interested in pediatrics and trying to apply broadly at competitive and less competitive places (in the NE, SE, and West coast). Do I have a chances of getting sub-is applying on VSLO in April? Should i email the PDs of the programs that I am interested in? I'm kinda worried that my chances have gone down esp since I am applying from a DO school.
 
Being a DO isn't an issue for peds. Although some programs will require you to have sat for the STEP exams and will not let you apply if you don't have them. It's April already so you should start applying. You don't need to email PDs if their rotations are on VSLO.