You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Do dental students wear clothes under their scrubs?
Started by Kouneko
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted923283
I wear a white T-shirt under my scrubs. Most guys will do that or wear just scrubs with an exposed chest. Large portion of ladies wear some sort of T-shirt. I know of no one who wear pants underneath their scrubs, unless it's a really cold day, in which case people might throw on underarmor-type garments. You should ask someone at the school you are attending. For example, our sim lab has no AC, so you'd be crazy to wear much underneath. But if the school you are attending blasts AC, it might be common.
Last edited by a moderator:
Most people certainly wear appropriate undergarments when wearing scrubs to work. ... There are “"under scrubs”, which are long or short sleeved shirts made of a thin, close fitting material that can be worn for warmth under scrubs. Or plain teeshirts can be worn under scrubs for warmth.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
S
schmoob
White shirt under well fitting scrubs.
If there's no dress code outside clinic, its sweats and Star Wars tshirts.
If there's no dress code outside clinic, its sweats and Star Wars tshirts.
Take into consideration the school's dress code and the climate. Opt for thinner scrubs with more natural fiber content for hotter climate or hot summers and roomier ones for the winter time
I recommend a variety of scrub types until you find what's comfortable, I wouldn't recommend necessarily sizing up to prepare for underclothes.
In the summer I don't really wear under clothes, but in the cold I could fit a pair of leggings and like 2 shirts and still have movement.
In the summer I don't really wear under clothes, but in the cold I could fit a pair of leggings and like 2 shirts and still have movement.
Depends on how cold it is. Generally you can just wear a close fitting t-shirt under your scrubs. If you get cold easily, you may want to look into thermals for your legs. I have used the 32 degree ones and they work well. They are also super cheap at costco.
Second this! They have awesome thermal long-sleeve too.
D
deleted696582
I prefer to wear an undershirt under my scrubs, either white or black to match the scrub color. We can wear whatever color scrubs we want at Michigan.
I wear Nike training shirts since they are really breathable and keep me from completely sweating through my scrubs.
I wear Nike training shirts since they are really breathable and keep me from completely sweating through my scrubs.
i always wore a white undershirt under my scrubs in school, but I stopped doing that after graduation, mainly because I found a good brand/style of scrubs.
Care to share? I though you can only purchase scrubs through the school because of the colors, school logo, etci always wore a white undershirt under my scrubs in school, but I stopped doing that after graduation, mainly because I found a good brand/style of scrubs.
School usually restrict the color. There are dozens of companies making scrubs. Go to a good store and try them on. Good ones may be expensiveCare to share? I though you can only purchase scrubs through the school because of the colors, school logo, etc
I never wore anything under scrubs, but I always kept a hoodie or packable jacket in my backpack on days with lecture because the lecture halls were either saunas or deep freezers. Also loved my Figs scrubs.
wittledentist
Full Member
I never wore anything under scrubs, but I always kept a hoodie or packable jacket in my backpack on days with lecture because the lecture halls were either saunas or deep freezers. Also loved my Figs scrubs.
Why is that so true for practically all dental schools? our lecture halls feel like we're in the middle of an ice age in July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
S
schmoob
How does this apply to all dental schools? How many lectures have you been to?Why is that so true for practically all dental schools? our lecture halls feel like we're in the middle of an ice age in July.
My school only restricted the colors (light/ceil blue or navy). Some schools, like Case Western (at least when I interviewed) had specific color scrubs for each year or class, which probably restricted the brand and style. When I was in school I started with Dickies but then changed to Landau. Now I wear Koi.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 918
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K