DO derm, am I in the playing field?

Started by 78ed19
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

78ed19

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I realistically consider pursuing a residency spot in derm with a 3.5 gpa, 589/88 COMLEX, upper 25% of class, no research or publications...assuming I have good people skills and work ethic? Maybe the better question is would any programs realistically consider me. Please be blunt. Just want to know if Im at all competetive.
 
Of course. A lot of residents have stats inferior to yours. However, all programs (at lease mine) received many applications from people with #s far superior to yours. I would say if you are applying to a program you have never rotated with, and the PD does not know you by name, you have a poor chance regardless of your #s.