Do/dpm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
jconway said:
spodok..stop it..you know what he meant

your being a dild0

-j

I have to assume he meant what he wrote. I will let you read his quote again, it makes me ill to see that lack of ethics. Why do you defend that kind of behavior?

Personal attacks are not necessary, but at least get your grammer correct(your vs. you're).

I am not a doomsday guy. I am realistic. In the Medical world the standard for each specialty is recogniton through board certification. In the Podiatry world, once a few percent became board certified in surgery, new boards sprang up, and the qualifications for the surgery board changed and became more confusing. Now we have forefoot/rearfoot certification, different board organizations and orthopedic and primary....blah blah blah. All this stems from inadequate and inconsitent training whithin Podiatry. Do you realize that each state has different laws pertaining to the scope of practice? Add to all that mish-mash the guy who is finding surgery to fit his billing style so he can stick it to Ins. companies and you.

The antedote to all this mess is to get a Medical Degree with standards that are uniform. Podiatry has failed miserably at this. Things have gotten worse in Podiatry over the years, not better.

We have many many great, smart,qualified people in this field, some of which are still in school. I think they deserve better than what they are getting, or going to get. Is that doomsday?

Ok gotta go, need to find out some billing codes to fit my cosmetic toe shortening surgery coming up.

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt explain myself properly, for those of you who are not yet practicing yet. Sometimes billing is not straight forward so you are forced to pick the procedure that may not encompass all you did in the surgery or vice versa. The key is to be familiar with billing and know what your billing for and dont overbill or underbill. I dont want to go into specifics. Nothing I do is illegal and trust me I am not sticking anything to the insurance companies( that comment is too funny). You just need to know billing is not always straightforward. You all will see once you get out there no matter what specialty you practice. :) Be honest and ethical and success will come to you.
As for the other opinions some of the posters on this board post, I have no comment. Opinions are like noses, we all have one. :p

spodok said:
I have to assume he meant what he wrote. I will let you read his quote again, it makes me ill to see that lack of ethics. Why do you defend that kind of behavior?

Personal attacks are not necessary, but at least get your grammer correct(your vs. you're).

I am not a doomsday guy. I am realistic. In the Medical world the standard for each specialty is recogniton through board certification. In the Podiatry world, once a few percent became board certified in surgery, new boards sprang up, and the qualifications for the surgery board changed and became more confusing. Now we have forefoot/rearfoot certification, different board organizations and orthopedic and primary....blah blah blah. All this stems from inadequate and inconsitent training whithin Podiatry. Do you realize that each state has different laws pertaining to the scope of practice? Add to all that mish-mash the guy who is finding surgery to fit his billing style so he can stick it to Ins. companies and you.

The antedote to all this mess is to get a Medical Degree with standards that are uniform. Podiatry has failed miserably at this. Things have gotten worse in Podiatry over the years, not better.

We have many many great, smart,qualified people in this field, some of which are still in school. I think they deserve better than what they are getting, or going to get. Is that doomsday?

Ok gotta go, need to find out some billing codes to fit my cosmetic toe shortening surgery coming up.

again...i am not advocating sticking it insurance companies, nor am i saying that ppl should ever bill inappropriatly....i am just saying that what cga was refferring to was "billing correctly", something that most health professionals dont really know how to do right off the bat...

I would never condone/support/or advocate inappropriate billing
nor would i ever suggest tailoring procedures based on money

now that thats all cleared up

i agree that all of the boards that exist is ridculous b.s., and state laws and scopes are a problem...but the latter will change..its starting to(albeit slower than we'd want)
as far as the different boards go.....hopefully theyll weed themselves out...it seems like their are only a few that actually matter, so hopefully theyll stay and the others will go the way of the dodo...but if they dont...i agree...its not good for podiatry as a whole...

training again seems to be coming around...we have 2 residency programs in existance right now(2 and 3 yr)

so i dont understand why you think things are getting worse...not better

plus i dont understand how an md degree will change our scopes....

you'll still need to do a surgical residency to get the added scope and build competency right?

and i wasnt realy launching a personal attack at you...you just seemed to be jumping to a sort of baseless conclusion given the confusion that all healthcare providers have to deal with....

-j

oh and again i ask....where are you getting this info about calling podiatry podometry????
i have asked around...no one has ever heard of it....so if its true...its not something that has gained ANY momentum
but if you could tell me where to find any info about this id really like to see it, b/c i could be wrong