Do grades matter once accepted??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

downsouth212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I've been accepted to my state school, would a C or something make them take the acceptance away? Do they even look at the grade update? I only had 9 hours left to graduate but looks like I might get a C in one of my Bio classes.

Members don't see this ad.

If I've been accepted to my state school, would a C or something make them take the acceptance away? Do they even look at the grade update? I only had 9 hours left to graduate but looks like I might get a C in one of my Bio classes.

Contact them, some schools have a minimum GPA/letter grade requirement for the remainder of your classes.

Side note: If you're considering going OMFS, 6-year programs look at your undergrad GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Different schools, different requirements. Tufts just requires at least a C.

Every school is different. Some schools say a B (UOP), some said C (Minnesota), and some said grades consistent with what you submitted to them. Every school is different so you should call them.

Every school is different. Some schools say a B (UOP), some said C (Minnesota), and some said grades consistent with what you submitted to them. Every school is different so you should call them.
some say contingent on successful completion = passing = D and above

I'm pretty sure no school will take away your acceptance over a C unless it's one of their core requirements and even then I'm sure it's unlikely.

Depends on the school. I dropped 3 courses (non-prereqs) since I applied in June and changed my spring 2014 coursework a little and the dean said it was OK.

i mean at my undergrad, we have

A
B
C
D
and Fail (F)

A to D is a pass

Generally, that's true for undergrads. Dental schools, however, will not take anything below a C. C- is considered failing.

Generally, that's true for undergrads. Dental schools, however, will not take anything below a C. C- is considered failing.

oh fk please tell me this doesn't apply to every dental school.....

when i talked to one of the admissions officers at one of the dental schools i interviewd at, she told me they're okay if we get below C in a NON pre requisite class. but prereqs need to be C or above. and if you happen to get below C, we can retake over summer or something. so im not sure what to think now...

oh fk please tell me this doesn't apply to every dental school.....

when i talked to one of the admissions officers at one of the dental schools i interviewd at, she told me they're okay if we get below C in a NON pre requisite class. but prereqs need to be C or above. and if you happen to get below C, we can retake over summer or something. so im not sure what to think now...

It applies to every dental school. Below a C = C- and below.

Members don't see this ad :)
It applies to every dental school. Below a C = C- and below.

no as in like...not IN dental school,but like the admissions process as an undergrad. you know what i mean?

I WILL KILL SOMEONE IF I GET A C-. OMFG

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I know what you mean. This is BEFORE dental school.

Do it.
the admissions officer that i talked to at the school.....was she lying to me? she said if it\s not a prereq, i can get below C as long as its an (undergrad) pass.......

What a dilemma

the admissions officer that i talked to at the school.....was she lying to me? she said if it\s not a prereq, i can get below C as long as its an (undergrad) pass.......

What a dilemma

Which school did you call? I called 15 schools when I was applying and they all told me the same thing.

Which school did you call? I called 15 schools when I was applying and they all told me the same thing.
michigan. i didnt call. i talked to them in person

did you call Pittsburgh and Minnesota too by chance? this would be realaly helpful info

did you call Pittsburgh and Minnesota too by chance? this would be realaly helpful info
Out of those schools you mentioned I only called Pittsburgh. No, i'm a predent but I got accepted to Dschool so i'll be starting in the fall.

Out of those schools you mentioned I only called Pittsburgh. No, i'm a predent but I got accepted to Dschool so i'll be starting in the fall.

what did Pitt say? I'm really really curious. THANK YOU