Jul 28, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
If I've been accepted to my state school, would a C or something make them take the acceptance away? Do they even look at the grade update? I only had 9 hours left to graduate but looks like I might get a C in one of my Bio classes.

MedDevil

Cool Cat Rollin' In.
7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
If I've been accepted to my state school, would a C or something make them take the acceptance away? Do they even look at the grade update? I only had 9 hours left to graduate but looks like I might get a C in one of my Bio classes.
Contact them, some schools have a minimum GPA/letter grade requirement for the remainder of your classes.

Side note: If you're considering going OMFS, 6-year programs look at your undergrad GPA.

Apr 16, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Every school is different. Some schools say a B (UOP), some said C (Minnesota), and some said grades consistent with what you submitted to them. Every school is different so you should call them.

OldMoney

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Dec 1, 2013
Every school is different. Some schools say a B (UOP), some said C (Minnesota), and some said grades consistent with what you submitted to them. Every school is different so you should call them.
some say contingent on successful completion = passing = D and above

Aug 21, 2013
Mount Doom
Status
Dental Student
I'm pretty sure no school will take away your acceptance over a C unless it's one of their core requirements and even then I'm sure it's unlikely.

AVB2104

5+ Year Member
May 17, 2013
Status
Dentist
Depends on the school. I dropped 3 courses (non-prereqs) since I applied in June and changed my spring 2014 coursework a little and the dean said it was OK.

OldMoney

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Dec 1, 2013
Generally, that's true for undergrads. Dental schools, however, will not take anything below a C. C- is considered failing.
oh fk please tell me this doesn't apply to every dental school.....

when i talked to one of the admissions officers at one of the dental schools i interviewd at, she told me they're okay if we get below C in a NON pre requisite class. but prereqs need to be C or above. and if you happen to get below C, we can retake over summer or something. so im not sure what to think now...

Aug 7, 2011
Status
oh fk please tell me this doesn't apply to every dental school.....

when i talked to one of the admissions officers at one of the dental schools i interviewd at, she told me they're okay if we get below C in a NON pre requisite class. but prereqs need to be C or above. and if you happen to get below C, we can retake over summer or something. so im not sure what to think now...
It applies to every dental school. Below a C = C- and below.

OldMoney

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Dec 1, 2013
Yes, I know what you mean. This is BEFORE dental school.

Do it.
the admissions officer that i talked to at the school.....was she lying to me? she said if it\s not a prereq, i can get below C as long as its an (undergrad) pass.......

What a dilemma

Aug 7, 2011
Status
the admissions officer that i talked to at the school.....was she lying to me? she said if it\s not a prereq, i can get below C as long as its an (undergrad) pass.......

What a dilemma
Which school did you call? I called 15 schools when I was applying and they all told me the same thing.

OldMoney

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Dec 1, 2013
Which school did you call? I called 15 schools when I was applying and they all told me the same thing.
did you call Pittsburgh and Minnesota too by chance? this would be realaly helpful info

Aug 7, 2011
Status
did you call Pittsburgh and Minnesota too by chance? this would be realaly helpful info
Out of those schools you mentioned I only called Pittsburgh. No, i'm a predent but I got accepted to Dschool so i'll be starting in the fall.

OldMoney

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Dec 1, 2013
Out of those schools you mentioned I only called Pittsburgh. No, i'm a predent but I got accepted to Dschool so i'll be starting in the fall.
what did Pitt say? I'm really really curious. THANK YOU