Do I actually need to be checking my application portals regularly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't been doing so because I assumed if I get an II they will email me about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last year, some of the portals had info before I got the email. However, I always received an email to let me know about something.

I would get in the habit of checking the spam folder in your email though. One of my IIs ended up there, and I didn't notice until 4 or 5 days later.

Last year, some of the portals had info before I got the email.

I hope you know that by writing this you have doomed every pre-med on SDN to compulsively check every single portal multiple times a day.

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I regularly check them out of force of habit.
But I got my Jefferson II through the portal before I got an email about it.....

I also got my Jefferson II through the portal before I did through email, but the email came only a day or two later.

Reactions: 1 user
Siiighh *pulls out list of schools with usernames and passwords*

Reactions: 5 users
I have a google doc with all portals and passwords (for those pesky colleges with numerous ids that won't autofill) and scroll through them in 5 min tops. So far it's been a very boring task, though the only way I knew I was placed on hold by GW. It seems the automatic systems don't email at normal times either, so... We're never safe...

If you don't want to check... More power to ya!

Just use chrome, it saves every log in so when I open the page username and password are all filled in. Can't imagine anything else...

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to around 40-45 schools, both allopathic and osteopathic. From my experience and what I have read, it seems that very few schools will not notify you for the secondaries through email, but all schools will email you if you are an interview candidate.

Am I wrong?

Reactions: 1 users
I know for Florida International University didnt do an email notification for alot of their II's

I applied to around 40-45 schools, both allopathic and osteopathic. From my experience and what I have read, it seems that very few schools will not notify you for the secondaries through email, but all schools will email you if you are an interview candidate.

Am I wrong?
:eek::bored: