Do I allow to ask verbal question here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

My problem is that why can't statement II be the answer. As stated in the explanation for statement, the passage indicated that both television and video game involve many of the SAME spatial and cognitive skills. Although it saids referring to watching not learning. But from the lines 49 to 51 given in the answer, how do you suppose to deduct that although it's referring to the same skills, but when they mentioned television is only apply to watching (consuming). They said involve many of the same skill.

If you read the lines 49 to 51 carefully, the words "both" and "the same" both indicate they are on the same.

Members don't see this ad.

We would have to have read the passage to even begin to think about the answers.

We would have to have read the passage to even begin to think about the answers.

These two are inference questions. Each question followed by the answer explanation along with the specific line that one needs to answer the questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
These two are inference questions. Each question followed by the answer explanation along with the specific line that one needs to answer the questions.

Ok. Knowing the main idea, tone, and overall flow of the passage are more important. Any one line can be taken out of context if you don't see the full passage.

Ok. Knowing the main idea, tone, and overall flow of the passage are more important. Any one line can be taken out of context if you don't see the full passage.

Thanks for caring to answer the question, I tried uploading the passage but everything got crushed up and it became very hard to read.

Of course knowing the main idea and tone and all that is essential to do well on the verbal section. But I thought some questions could be referring to some "sub theme" that's embedded in a particular paragraph. Hmmmm..... maybe i'm doing something wrong here..