Do I Cancel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaguy32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... I got accepted to UIC and am thinking about cancelling some interviews. I have interviews at NYMC, Albany, Drexel, and Jefferson... is there any really big reason why I should go to one of these. I am also interviewing at NYU and Cornell, so I thought that I could just go to the other school, which I already have scheduled, at the same time. But I also dont want to take a space if I probably wouldnt attend? Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

uclaguy32 said:
Hey guys... I got accepted to UIC and am thinking about cancelling some interviews. I have interviews at NYMC, Albany, Drexel, and Jefferson... is there any really big reason why I should go to one of these. I am also interviewing at NYU and Cornell, so I thought that I could just go to the other school, which I already have scheduled, at the same time. But I also dont want to take a space if I probably wouldnt attend? Any suggestions?

The only reason I can think of is financial aid. If one of these other schools gave you a full ride or a much better package than UIC, would you attend? If so, you might want to do the interviews since you'll be in NYC anyway.

Well, I'll have you know that when I found out I got into UIC I turned down an interview at Penn. I know you all probably think I'm insane, but location is a deal breaker for me. You just have to decide on the criteria that are important to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, so we can all have a chance. Congrats on the acceptance!!

I'm assuming you're OOS? UIC's tuition is insane!!! With that said, I don't blame you, 'cuz it's an amazing school. I'm in the process of sending all my stuff in for matriculation. Maybe I'll see you there in the fall!

:thumbup:
:)

If you are sure that you wouldn't attend one of these schools over the school where you are holding the acceptance, then you should cancel your interview(s) and free up a spot for another applicant. I know it's scary to cancel interviews, but I think it's relieved stress for me in doing so b/c now you know you're in and you don't have to keep running about to interviews so you can save a little money and focus on the other aspects of your life.

chicagomel said:
I'm assuming you're OOS? UIC's tuition is insane!!! With that said, I don't blame you, 'cuz it's an amazing school. I'm in the process of sending all my stuff in for matriculation. Maybe I'll see you there in the fall!

:thumbup:
:)

What is an OOS?

Of course you cancel. I need that spot!! :D

I would definitely cancel, especially because you are going to your higher-ranked schools on the same trip. Interviewing can be exhausting (no matter the school), and you want to be on top of your game for the interviews that matter more.