Should I do volunteering or a job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I love dogs27

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good afternoon, I have a question on which clinical experience I should focus on.

I am currently doing some clinical volunteering at my local hospital. This volunteering includes interacting with cancer patients and helping patients in our rehab center. I do activities, visit, and do other things to help the nurses and patients.

I will soon have the opportunity to train as a CNA and can hopefully get a job at a local nursing home.

My question is since I’m already headed into my junior year of undergrad; should I stick with the volunteer and bulk up those hours or spend the time to get trained and find a job as a CNA?
 
Clinical volunteering and Clinical work hours are both placed in the same bucket as far as admissions are concerned thus being a CNA is far better as you get paid and will have capital to deploy to the applicaiton whilst also bolstering your applicaiton