Medical Do I continue with my grad program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciding whether to complete my graduate certificate program for the spring semester.

I was using this 1-year graduate certificate program as a way to show med admissions that I was going to school to get back into the swing of things. I graduated with my BS in 2015, have been working full time ever since. Applied for Fall 2017 and 2018 matriculation, but never made it off of the waitlist.

Fortunately this round of applications has produced some results. I've been accepted to one DO school and am awaiting a decision on another. I'm assuming any spring interviews will be waiting for my fall semester grades, but I'm not sure the spring semester will provide any benefit (besides the obvious of keeping me sharp with my studies). But is this worth it at the cost of $15k? Or is $15k really only a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of medical school as a whole?
Since you have your acceptance, and you're OK with that, then it's also OK to dump the grad program.

And congrats on the accept!
:claps: :claps: :claps: :clap: :clap: :clap: :biglove::biglove::biglove::woot::woot::woot::luck::luck::luck::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Now read this:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with the above. No need to continue pursuing that program if you have been accepted to medical school so as long as you had nothing contingent on your application based on that program in terms of required credits or what not. Congrats.

@Goro @TheBoneDoctah @AlteredScale Thank you guys very much! This is definitely where I was leaning but I believe I just needed some affirmation. I appreciate your help :)
Congrats on your acceptance. Enjoy your time off before medical school starts! Next time you will get a good break will be in 4 years before residency.

Status
Not open for further replies.