Do I have a Chance for Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Futuredoctor82996

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did really well my freshman year and got a 3.67 cumulative GPA. This past semester I completely messed it up and got like a 3.10 and now my GPA had fallen to a 3.46. I am planning to apply to two direct medical school programs (as a sophomore) and was wondering if I had a chance. I also have research experience and have two papers that will be published in the next 6 months. I know I screwed up and now I will need to explain this in my essays. I will also have two nicely written recommendation letters coming. Do I have a chance? The schools I am applying to are Cincinnati and Mount Sinai.
 
Which is the real fd? The 3.67, or the 3.10? If the latter, you prove it by going back to that.


I did really well my freshman year and got a 3.67 cumulative GPA. This past semester I completely messed it up and got like a 3.10 and now my GPA had fallen to a 3.46. I am planning to apply to two direct medical school programs (as a sophomore) and was wondering if I had a chance. I also have research experience and have two papers that will be published in the next 6 months. I know I screwed up and now I will need to explain this in my essays. I will also have two nicely written recommendation letters coming. Do I have a chance? The schools I am applying to are Cincinnati and Mount Sinai.