Do I have a chance of auto interviewing/is auto interviewing still a thing for Tx Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard on Reddit that auto interviewing isn’t a thing anymore.

What schools auto interview, if they still do?

I thought UTSW did but Reddit said it’s actually a myth.

Also wojld my stats of 517 MCAT and 3.94 cGPA and 3.9 BCPM GPA get me an auto interview at UTSW or any other tx med school?

Members don't see this ad.

Also wojld my stats of 517 MCAT and 3.94 cGPA and 3.9 BCPM GPA get me an auto interview at UTSW or any other tx med school?
I had 523 and a good GPA and did not get an interview from UTSW. Essays matter too. I think UTSW just reviews you faster/sooner if you have higher stats.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

No such thing as an automatic interview in Texas.
The most important thing if you are interested in the high stat-loving UTSW is to turn in your TMDSAS app early in the cycle for best consideration, and write your essays thoughtfully

Reactions: 2 users
No such thing as an automatic interview in Texas.
The most important thing if you are interested in the high stat-loving UTSW is to turn in your TMDSAS app early in the cycle for best consideration, and write your essays thoughtfully

Do you think my stats would get my foot in the door for an II? UTSW is my absolute dream school and I’m already almost done with my personal statement and will be ready to submit to them the day apps open

Do you think my stats would get my foot in the door for an II? UTSW is my absolute dream school and I’m already almost done with my personal statement and will be ready to submit to them the day apps open
of course, good luck with your applications

• Love
"the day the apps open" >>> I'm not sure whether you are still completing your college degree in Spring 2024, but you must wait to submit your TMDSAS app until you know your Spring 2024 grades.
Knowing them from your college's grade portal is sufficient, so you can enter the Spring 2024 grades manually on the TMDSAS application.
You do not need to submit a transcript at the time of submitting TMDSAS.

Final grades are usually out within a week or two after the term ends, so it will not delay you submitting your TMDSAS app. Submitting it without being complete would cause more of a delay.
Also, print out your TMDSAS app once you have it finished and proofread it many times, you can't correct grammar or add activities or essays you forgot once you submit.