Do i have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sa806215

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So like many of you I took the PCAT today. I didn't do great but I wasnt expecting to do great my preliminary scores are as followed

Bio:54
Chem:49
Critical reading: 38
Quantitative reasoning: 53
Composite:47

I actually did better than I thought I would I was really under prepared. So my GPA is a 3.0 right now, I'm going into my senior year of undergrad (cell & molec biology) I'll probably graduate with about 3.1 if everything goes well. I currently work as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy I'm working towards my pharmacy tech certification . I have over 2 years of volunteer experience in a hospital setting. I also am involved in one organization at school, with a leadership position. I have 1 LOR from a pharmacist, one from a science professor, and 1 from a medical ethics professor. The school's I am planning on applying to are:
University of Maryland
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Howard University
Notre Dame of Maryland University
Temple University
Thomas Jefferson University
University of the Sciences Philadelphia
Shenandoah University

I am going to retake the pcat, but do you guys think I really have a shot with a low gpa (not exactly sure what my science gpa is but it's definitely below a 3.0)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So like many of you I took the PCAT today. I didn't do great but I wasnt expecting to do great my preliminary scores are as followed

Bio:54
Chem:49
Critical reading: 38
Quantitative reasoning: 53
Composite:47

I actually did better than I thought I would I was really under prepared. So my GPA is a 3.0 right now, I'm going into my senior year of undergrad (cell & molec biology) I'll probably graduate with about 3.1 if everything goes well. I currently work as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy I'm working towards my pharmacy tech certification . I have over 2 years of volunteer experience in a hospital setting. I also am involved in one organization at school, with a leadership position. I have 1 LOR from a pharmacist, one from a science professor, and 1 from a medical ethics professor. The school's I am planning on applying to are:
University of Maryland
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Howard University
Notre Dame of Maryland University
Temple University
Thomas Jefferson University
University of the Sciences Philadelphia Shenandoah University

I am going to retake the pcat, but do you guys think I really have a shot with a low gpa (not exactly sure what my science gpa is but it's definitely below a 3.0)

I'm only going to be a junior this upcoming semester, but here are my thoughts. Your gpa is decent. Not great, but not bad either. However, your extracurriculars are amazing. Those play a big role in getting into pharmacy school too. If you do better on the pcats next time (get s composite of at least 65), I think you have a good chance of getting in. I see that you might apply to Temple! That's where I'm planning to go! :D

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user