• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar
Jul 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
So like many of you I took the PCAT today. I didn't do great but I wasnt expecting to do great my preliminary scores are as followed

Bio:54
Chem:49
Critical reading: 38
Quantitative reasoning: 53
Composite:47

I actually did better than I thought I would I was really under prepared. So my GPA is a 3.0 right now, I'm going into my senior year of undergrad (cell & molec biology) I'll probably graduate with about 3.1 if everything goes well. I currently work as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy I'm working towards my pharmacy tech certification . I have over 2 years of volunteer experience in a hospital setting. I also am involved in one organization at school, with a leadership position. I have 1 LOR from a pharmacist, one from a science professor, and 1 from a medical ethics professor. The school's I am planning on applying to are:
University of Maryland
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Howard University
Notre Dame of Maryland University
Temple University
Thomas Jefferson University
University of the Sciences Philadelphia
Shenandoah University

I am going to retake the pcat, but do you guys think I really have a shot with a low gpa (not exactly sure what my science gpa is but it's definitely below a 3.0)

Last edited:

tarmuk14

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
So like many of you I took the PCAT today. I didn't do great but I wasnt expecting to do great my preliminary scores are as followed

Bio:54
Chem:49
Critical reading: 38
Quantitative reasoning: 53
Composite:47

I actually did better than I thought I would I was really under prepared. So my GPA is a 3.0 right now, I'm going into my senior year of undergrad (cell & molec biology) I'll probably graduate with about 3.1 if everything goes well. I currently work as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy I'm working towards my pharmacy tech certification . I have over 2 years of volunteer experience in a hospital setting. I also am involved in one organization at school, with a leadership position. I have 1 LOR from a pharmacist, one from a science professor, and 1 from a medical ethics professor. The school's I am planning on applying to are:
University of Maryland
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Howard University
Notre Dame of Maryland University
Temple University
Thomas Jefferson University
University of the Sciences Philadelphia Shenandoah University

I am going to retake the pcat, but do you guys think I really have a shot with a low gpa (not exactly sure what my science gpa is but it's definitely below a 3.0)
I'm only going to be a junior this upcoming semester, but here are my thoughts. Your gpa is decent. Not great, but not bad either. However, your extracurriculars are amazing. Those play a big role in getting into pharmacy school too. If you do better on the pcats next time (get s composite of at least 65), I think you have a good chance of getting in. I see that you might apply to Temple! That's where I'm planning to go! :D

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: Devyn Horveath
About the Ads