General Admissions & OTCAS Do I have a chance?

Started by cr39284
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cr39284

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to get into a Wisconsin school and am applying to just about all of them in-state.
Male
cGPA: 3.47
pGPA: 3.1-3.3
1000+ observation hours from taking a gap year to being a rehab tech
College student-athlete (football)
Evals: 1 Clinical manager, 2 OTs, 1 RN from my CNA course

I am just very worried about my GPA as it runs on the low side. This is really what has been worrying me the most. It is sort of the reason I felt it necessary to take a gap year in the first place. I am just wondering what everyone else thinks.
 
Last edited:
Hey! I know I’m super late, but your GPA is much higher than my undergrad cGPA was, and I got into 3 schools. Your observation hours look amazing. If things don’t work out this cycle (I have a feeling like they will though!) I would focus on getting more extracurricular leadership on your resume. Personally, I think what saved me was my personal statement. If you ever wanted me to look over yours and help you tune it up, send me a message. I’d be more than happy to help!