Do I have a good shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeskySlingshot

Reaction score
Firstly: Just wanted to say this is my first post ever so it may be in the wrong place or format but I'll try my best. I've creeped on sdn for quite a while.

My stats:

cGPA: 3.34
sGPA: 3.38
MCAT: 512 (taken January of this year)

I've just graduated and am entering into my gap year at the moment.

I'd like to basically just use this information, but it is also worth mentioning I have mediocre shadowing hours (about 50 hours) with 3 different doctors. Extra curriculars aren't really fantastic including volunteering and other related clinical experience but I've already lined up a few volunteering opportunities for the coming weeks and months. I've also been searching intensely for a job (specifically scribe) that gives me some more of the clinical experience to boost that department.

Anyway, I don't know if you need more than that, but if anyone has any idea what my chances are of getting into DO school (take LECOM or PCOM for example) with these numbers?

Any response is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Firstly: Just wanted to say this is my first post ever so it may be in the wrong place or format but I'll try my best. I've creeped on sdn for quite a while.

My stats:

I'd like to basically just use this information, but it is also worth mentioning I have mediocre shadowing hours (about 50 hours) with 3 different doctors. Extra curriculars aren't really fantastic including volunteering and other related clinical experience but I've already lined up a few volunteering opportunities for the coming weeks and months. I've also been searching intensely for a job (specifically scribe) that gives me some more of the clinical experience to boost that department.

Anyway, I don't know if you need more than that, but if anyone has any idea what my chances are of getting into DO school (take LECOM or PCOM for example) with these numbers?

Your GPA meets the cutoff for most, if not all, DO schools and your MCAT should compensate for your GPA. I’d say you have a solid chance at DO assuming you don’t have <124 in any MCAT subsection. N=1

50 hours is fine for shadowing, especially if you plan on scribing

Members don't see this ad :)

My stats:

Chances excellent

As Goro is apt to say: You’ll get lots of interviews, getting accepted after that is on you.