DO I have a shot at any of these schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dwade06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
AACOMAS just verified my application. My overall gpa is 3.30 and science in 3.37. Hugh upward trend from freshman to senior year (2.23 to 3.38 to 3.54 to 3.80). Biology major. Upper level biology gpa consisting of 10 science classes in a 3.7. NY resident. Sub-par MCAT 25 (6vr 8ps 11bs).160 hours volunteering in ER and going, 560 hours working as a lab aide at a dermatopathology lab, shadowed a DO for 84 hours and going, volunteered at a rehab center( mostly filing charts) for 128 hours, and received excellent letter of recommendations from 2 science professors, and a DO, also AACOMAS has verified my committee letter as well. Do I have a shot at any of these schools:
Midwestern( Arizona and Chicago)
Lincoln Memorial University
Michigan State University
Nova South Eastern University
Ohio Heritage
PCOM (Philly and Ga)
Rowan
Touro New York
UNECOM
University of Pikeville
Western Univeristy (Pomona and Lebanon)
William Carey
Burell

Members don't see this ad.

You should apply to more than just those schools to increase the chances of getting accepted. As for the schools you listed--I'm not sure. You may have a chance. Hope your personal statement was strong and you have strong secondaries (and hopefully interviews). Good Luck!

Yes to

Lincoln Memorial University
Nova South Eastern University
Ohio Heritage
PCOM (Ga)
Rowan
TUNCOM
UNECOM Only if you live in New England
University of Pikeville
Western Univeristy (Pomona and Lebanon)
William Carey
Burell