Do I have a shot with a 3.45 GPA, 3.2BCPM, and MCAT ~30?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronaldo23

The Truth
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
assuming everything else on the app is solid. not amazing, but above average. NYS resident, so really I'm asking if these scores are good enough to get an interview at a SUNY school, or if they are too low.

Members don't see this ad.

it's iffy.

That's a low GPA with a mediocre MCAT.

maybe you're EC's are spectacular..?

Members don't see this ad :)
You're very lucky to be a NY state resident. I think if you have some great ECs you'll have a good shot interviewing at the SUNY schools.

I think you have a shot, but not a very good shot, unless you have some great ECs to tip the balance in your favor. Care to share them for an opinion?

eh the bcpm is a concern. i would definitely shoot for a 32 or higher on the mcat.

You can get in. I received multiple acceptances with a 3.6 GPA, 3.01 science GPA, and MCAT scores of 29 and 30.

Hi Valvool,

What were you ECs?

Thanks,

ys

What is your MCAT score. You wrote ~30... if its below 30, take it again. That can make a big difference. There are four schools that are state and I know people who have gotten in with 30's and so you should post an MDapp profile and see how you compare to your peers.

A few non-research publications (one in a literary journal, a couple of others in magazines), and working as a volunteer EMT on an island in rural Alaska. Plenty of other little volunteer things here and there (soup kitchen, nursing homes, etc) but those two were the biggies.

You should at least get several interviews. Assuming the rest of your application is strong. Notice in the above comments that the medical students think you are fine while the pre-meds disagree.

I don't think the OP is "fine". It's difficult to give a definitive opinion without information about the entire application. I'd guess that an actual MCAT score may not yet be available. And the OP says the extracurriculars are above average, but without knowing the benchmark of "average", we can't judge what that means.