Do I have a shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a little depressed. By the time I apply to dental school this coming summer 2011, my science GPA will be 3.24 with a cumulative GPA of about 3.5.....and I am taking the DAT over this Xmas break.

Do I have any shot at getting accepted or at least an interview anywhere with this GPA and a 20+ DAT score?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 3.4 overall and 3.24 sci and DAT 18/18/21 and have received 2 interview invites and one acceptance. You just have to know where to apply and how to spend your money wisely. Also, I am not a URM but believe my extracurriculars, essay, and LORs helped a lot. Check out my pre-dents profile.

Members don't see this ad :)
ABSOLUTELY. I was a skeptic as well but there are many dental schools who care more about your personality (imagine that) than having the perfect stats. Work on your interview skills because once you get that opportunity it and it alone will be what puts you miles ahead of the socially inept 4.0s in the minds of admissions.

Also this application process can be kinda like playing street football with no pads. Be prepared to take some hard hits, some ugly hits and walk off each rejection like a champion.

Hey guys, I'm a little depressed. By the time I apply to dental school this coming summer 2011, my science GPA will be 3.24 with a cumulative GPA of about 3.5.....and I am taking the DAT over this Xmas break.

Do I have any shot at getting accepted or at least an interview anywhere with this GPA and a 20+ DAT score?

you have a good overall GPA, but a lower-than-avrg sGPA.

How did you do the upper level biology courses? These seem to matter the most for adcoms IMO. I would take 3 upper level biology courses this coming January and rock them, it will not only show a nice upward trend, but also increase your sGPA.