Do i have any chance??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piyush12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys i got my nbde1 result yesterday i got 75 do i still have any chance to get into school?
my profile is as follows
NBDE1 75
Toefl 89
GPA 3.25
Work experience in India 3 yrs
Have own dental clinic in India
1 yr observation in USA
PLZ help me i am disappointed after this result,where should i apply??or should i start preparing for part 2??

Members don't see this ad.

Guys i got my nbde1 result yesterday i got 75 do i still have any chance to get into school?
my profile is as follows
NBDE1 75
Toefl 89
GPA 3.25
Work experience in India 3 yrs
Have own dental clinic in India
1 yr observation in USA
PLZ help me i am disappointed after this result,where should i apply??or should i start preparing for part 2??

You may need to retake the test. I dont know what the requirements are for each specific schools, but most will disqualify you if you dont meet the minimum requirements. From my understand 75 is passing for US trained dentist and usually five points higher for those trained abroad.

When I went to school I talked to one of the admissions guys and they said they averaged about 3000 applications for 70 spots. They said the first thing they do is remove all those who dont meet the minimum requirements. Then they review the applicants that are left.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for the reply,i know that i can not retake the exam,but still i did not loose my hope i ll try my best to get into school.thanks again friends.

You can't retake the test and passing is the same for everyone 75%.

In the new pass/ Fail system This may be the case. but if you are a FTD and you score below the minimum to qualify (most places its 80 for FTD)for the program you are allowed to retake the test bc in a sense you didnt pass. This will probaly change once the pass/fail system goes in effect.

thank you for the reply,i know that i can not retake the exam,but still i did not loose my hope i ll try my best to get into school.thanks again friends.

Also look into Canada. They pay a lot better in Canada and if our hell bent on work in the US, you can always work in Minnesota. Minnesota recognizes the Canadian license.