dentalschooltips
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick background: took the exam July 17-18. Prosth, pharm, and some basic medical science were my weaker subjects going in, so those got extra attention.
Studied mid-May to mid-July, about 2 months. Averaged 3 hours a day but it wasn't consistent - some days nothing, weekends sometimes 4-5 hours. I already had a couple trips planned before I started, so I built in extra time upfront knowing I'd lose some days.
First month was all about getting through the full Booster video library and question bank at least once. Made Anki cards as I went - new concepts from videos, plus anything I missed on practice questions. Did Anki reviews every day no matter what else I did or didn't do.
Last few weeks I switched to the cheat sheets for faster review, especially cycling back through prosth and pharm.
Two weeks out I took my one mock exam and scored a 69, right on the border. Thought about pushing my test date back but decided two more weeks of focused review on my weak spots would be enough, and stuck with my original date.
Honest take on Booster: full question bank + videos gave me solid coverage. The Anki habit (new material + missed questions) was the most consistent thing I did and probably the most valuable. Cheat sheets were great for the final stretch once the foundation was already there.
Biggest thing that actually helped, though: after day 1 I felt awful. I kept second-guessing myself and changing answers, and looking back most of those changes were away from the right answer. Day 2 I made myself stick with my first answer unless I had an actual reason to change it, and I felt way more confident the whole day. I really think that's what got me over the line.
So my two tips: don't switch answers just because you're anxious, only switch if you have a real reason. And give yourself a study window that accounts for real life - you don't need to study every day, just be consistent and leave enough runway.
Found out I passed this past Wednesday. Good luck to everyone still grinding through it.