Do I need a graphing calculator for Algebra-based Physics?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1077394
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 1077394

I'm broke and selling off some of my stuff I'm not using to make money. I have a TI-84 I was considering selling on Ebay. I was wondering if I should hang onto it for Physics I and II (algebra-based). I am done with all of the math classes needed for my degree.

I also have a scientific calculator (the equivalent of the TI-30) that does logarithms, etc. that I am planning to keep.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the syllabi but tbh I found a graphing calculater to be very useful as you can solve equations graphically much more quickly instead of doing the algebra

Reactions: 1 user
Any graphing you need to do for algebra or calculus-based physics can be done through Desmos | Beautiful, Free Math. A lot of times they don't let you use a graphing calculator in college, so the only utility you get out of buying one is doing HW/practice problems, and that can be found through online graphing sites.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, my physical and chemistry classes did not allow graphing calculator cuz you can solve problems too easy without doing the algebraic derivation. But if they did allow, I’d use it 100%.