Do I need to answer this Albany secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

planetarhalo

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question: Please explain any inconsistencies in your university, graduate, or professional school academic performance and/or MCAT scores. If the question does not apply to you, please put N/A in the box provided

Other similar secondary questions also ask about any weaknesses in your application.

I have a 3.8 GPA and a 506 MCAT. I got two C+'s (high school dual enrollment), but I voluntarily took an extra writing course in college to show that those C's are not representative of my writing (I got an A in that class). I also received a "U", or fail, grade for a pass/fail class that was taken in addition to a lab class. I took it again the next semester and received a pass. The course was 0 credits.

Do I need to include any of these for these types of questions?
 
What advice has your prehealth advisors given you?

My own thoughts are to point out your dual-enrollment course grades. I'd need more information about the U.
I have not discussed this with my prehealth advisor.

As for the "U", honestly, my memory is quite hazy for that since it was several years ago (I will email my department for more information), but I believe I just forgot to submit the assignment to the designated submission page (it wasn't because my work was inadequate or anything).

For the dual-enrollment course grades, how would I go about explaining them? I was thinking of saying something along the lines of "I was only starting to develop the time management skills neccessary for college leveled courses"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad