Do I NEED a LOR from a non-science professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carson16666

Reaction score
Hi, I've heard a lot about needing at least one LOR from a non-science professor. I'm getting one from my psychology lab PI, does this count as a non-science "professor"? Technically he didn't teach any class I was in, so I'm not sure if this counts. Thanks ! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Check school specific guidelines on their website to see if they require a non-science letter. If they do, you usually have to have taken a class taught by them and been given a letter grade. Lab PI letters don't count from my understanding.

Reactions: 1 user
For some schools you do. You need to check each school to know for sure. Many schools want 2 letters from science teachers and one from a non-science professor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well **** I'm not taking any more non-science courses in undergrad, maybe I'll enroll in one of my lab PI's courses. Thanks guys!

Actually, now that I think about it, technically I got course credit from my research (6 hours total), so would this count as "taking a class taught by them"?

Actually, now that I think about it, technically I got course credit from my research (6 hours total), so would this count as "taking a class taught by them"?
Is it listed on your transcript and you received a letter grade? If so, you're good to go