Medical Do I need a post bac or smp or neither?

Started by Mr.Smile12
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Im a senior and by no means am in a rush to apply for medical school (waiting till my application is perfect). I recently applied and was accepted to BU Mams, tufts mbs, rutgers medical scholars, and usf msp3 preprofessional program. I am wondering general thoughts on these programs as well as if I even need to spend the money. I've heard post bac is also an option but have only really done research on the masters programs.
I went to University of Rochester and then BU and my cGPA is 3.5 and my sGPA is 3.1. I have not taken the MCAT but am intending to kill that ( I have no other choice). I have all the ECs you could imagine so thats definitely not a worry and LoR are decent. Wondering what my best bet is personally. I have no one in my family who has gone through this so I am a little lost in terms of weighing my options. Any insight would be amazing.
Have you asked the Postbac forum section? I'm not sure if any of the programs you cited require the MCAT before or perhaps have MCAT prep included.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.