Do I need another biochem class (esp. for some DO schools)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoscope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
The biochem class I'm taking is UCLA's 153A, which is 1 quarter term. It's 4 quarter units, which converts to 2.67 semester units.

But, some DO and MD schools require 3 semester units, which puts me under by like 0.3 units... does this mean I need another biochem class? Or will the 0.3 unit-deficit not matter? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

3.0 semester units means 3.0 semester units

The biochem class I'm taking is UCLA's 153A, which is 1 quarter term. It's 4 quarter units, which converts to 2.67 semester units.

But, some DO and MD schools require 3 semester units, which puts me under by like 0.3 units... does this mean I need another biochem class? Or will the 0.3 unit-deficit not matter? Thanks.
you're likely fine, no one is going to hem you up for .3 semester units. usually the requirements are left up to some interpretation, and quarter systems get some leeway. basically, they just want to know that you've taken 1 semester equivalent of biochemistry, which 1 quarter is the equivalent at most schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd email the programs you're interested in for clarification or wait for an ADCOM to chime in. I would assume 3 CR = 3 CR, but I'm not an ADCOM.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd email the programs you're interested in for clarification or wait for an ADCOM to chime in. I would assume 3 CR = 3 CR, but I'm not an ADCOM.
Princess, I don't know what that flair is on your future job title, but it's delightful! It sounds a bit like House. I, however, plan on being a pediatric infectious disease family medicine endocrinologist-oncologist.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user