Do I need Ochem 2 lab for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freedoctor17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I believe most schools require that you have 2 credit hours. I would check on a school by school basis. The MSAR is made for this.

I believe most schools require that you have 2 credit hours. I would check on a school by school basis. The MSAR is made for this.

Ochem lab 1 was 2 credits at my school. I checked specific school sites and they've been very general with their wording so was hoping for people with personal experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
You 100% can still apply, just be ready to take a quick Ochem II summer class somewhere if you get accepted to a school that requires it.

Reactions: 1 user
You 100% can still apply, just be ready to take a quick Ochem II summer class somewhere if you get accepted to a school that requires it.
I'm guessing you meant ochem 2 lab right? Because I have taken ochem 2 already. I guess that is a good point though. I could just do it in the summer if it comes down to it though that would kinda ruin the last free summer I'd have :(
I still have 2 more years of undergrad so maybe I'll be able to cram it in somewhere along the line.

If you can find a place that lets you take just the lab, sure, but a lot of places combine the lecture and lab into one course. Either way tho, it's not the end of the world - you don't need to gun for an A, just have to pass it, so it shouldn't ruin your summer !

If you can find a place that lets you take just the lab, sure, but a lot of places combine the lecture and lab into one course. Either way tho, it's not the end of the world - you don't need to gun for an A, just have to pass it, so it shouldn't ruin your summer !
The university I'm at separates them and yeah another good point lol. I'd be in at that point so it wouldn't matter too much as long as I pass. Thanks!