You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Do I need to get some sort of briefcase/nice document folder for interviews?
Started by stoic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
stoic said:Do I need to get some sort of briefcase/nice document folder for interviews?
My first one is Thursday... do I need something to carry documents around in? I'm assuming that my messanger bag isn't going to go well with the suit....
Yeah I would if I were you. I just bought a nice leather portfolio thing - I went to my school store and got a cool one with my school's name basically embossed or whatever. Just look around - they aren't too expensive and they make you look professional.
i did. mainly because, through the interviews, i realized that i didn't have anything like this and i may need it in the future. it also helps me carry things like snacks, meds, cell phone, pens, and other **** i don't want weighing down my suit pockets. you don't have to though, there are plenty of students on the interview trail who just hand-carry everything. just a matter of preference, but i would say to go ahead and buy something. it comes in handy and eventually you'll need one anyway.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
superdevil said:i did. mainly because, through the interviews, i realized that i didn't have anything like this and i may need it in the future. it also helps me carry things like snacks, meds, cell phone, pens, and other **** i don't want weighing down my suit pockets. you don't have to though, there are plenty of students on the interview trail who just hand-carry everything. just a matter of preference, but i would say to go ahead and buy something. it comes in handy and eventually you'll need one anyway.
Did you get a briefcase or a nice, leather (or leather like) document folder?
VPDcurt said:Yeah I would if I were you. I just bought a nice leather portfolio thing - I went to my school store and got a cool one with my school's name basically embossed or whatever. Just look around - they aren't too expensive and they make you look professional.
I'm leaning in this direction. 👍
i got a really sweet kenneth cole leather breifcase-thing (it also has a nice leather shoulder strap, though). got it on clearance for ~$90. i highly recommend kenneth cole leather products.stoic said:Did you get a briefcase or a nice, leather (or leather like) document folder?
I dont think you need anything. I always have my backpack and go to the airport right after, so I just shove it in there. Save your $20, you'll need it later. It doesn't impress me to see someone went out and bought a folder just for an interview.
I like the classic, black, box briefcase. I don't know why. You don't see them so often anymore, and I think they're classy.
the article in question isn't supposed to impress people. it's supposed to carry ****.Originally Posted by Ranger47
It doesn't impress me to see someone went out and bought a folder just for an interview.
I ordered a Kenneth Cole napa leather zip around portfolio. Saw it for 85+tax at the store, got it for 65 shipped online. The Tumi and Coach stuff are all like 150+ 😱
hey Pinkertinkle, are you a lawyer or something? what the hell does your sig mean? 😀
It means I could be out to deceive you!superdevil said:hey Pinkertinkle, are you a lawyer or something? what the hell does your sig mean? 😀
No, I'm not a lawyer, otherwise I'd have to kill myself.

gotchaPinkertinkle said:It means I could be out to deceive you!
No, I'm not a lawyer, otherwise I'd have to kill myself.![]()
👍stoic said:Do I need to get some sort of briefcase/nice document folder for interviews?
My first one is Thursday... do I need something to carry documents around in? I'm assuming that my messanger bag isn't going to go well with the suit....
no
I saw people who had them so they could look all cool....if you already have one then sure use it....but don't go buying one just for the interview
um no-
i got a bigger, microfiber (ie waterproof black fabric) purse that holds a full sheet of paper and that was plenty (15 dollars on sale).
Get like one of those portfolio things at officemax in faux leather for under 20 dollars if you want.
But it was not necessary-
i got a bigger, microfiber (ie waterproof black fabric) purse that holds a full sheet of paper and that was plenty (15 dollars on sale).
Get like one of those portfolio things at officemax in faux leather for under 20 dollars if you want.
But it was not necessary-
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought schools were supposed to give you folders of info... so why is everyone bringing another one? I'm just bringing a black purse that's big enough to carry a folder.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 839