Do I need to take Calculus 2 for med school?

Started by bellomiss
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bellomiss

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a pre-med student I just took Calculus I and I got an A. I also took statistics and also got an A. But do I need to take Calculus II for med school or can I just stop taking math courses?
 
Nope. In my experience I've seen a few schools that ask for a year of math but statistics classes count for that. I only took Calc 1 and have not run into any problems.
 
not at any med school I've seen; the most I've seen is a "year of math to include the study of calculus and statistics" which means calc 1 and stats 1; some schools seem like they let you do calc 1 & 2 OR stats 1 & 2 but first semester of both is pretty safe
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Calc II is the biggest waste of time. Research your schools' requirements, otherwise be free.

Not to go off topic, but it's pretty hard to appreciate the true beauty of Maxwell's equations without knowing integral calculus. But then again, most pre-meds take algebra-based physics.
 
Not to go off topic, but it's pretty hard to appreciate the true beauty of Maxwell's equations without knowing integral calculus. But then again, most pre-meds take algebra-based physics.

Get it all away from me. That was actually my hardest class in UG. Not sure why but it was.
 
Last edited: