Do I need to take Physics 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted557498

I'm currently taking Physics 1 w/ lab and I absolutely hate it. Is it possible to self study for the physics portion on the MCAT? If I take Physics 2 I'll be murdering my GPA :(

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently taking Physics 1 w/ lab and I absolutely hate it. Is it possible to self study for the physics portion on the MCAT? If I take Physics 2 I'll be murdering my GPA :(

If you can't handle the material in lecture, odds are it will only be harder self studying. I also feel like physics II tends to be more high yield on the MCAT (more stuff on electricity, light, sound etc than simple kinetics). Either way, medical schools require a full year of physics so you will have to take it sooner or later.

I also found physics II to be very different from physics I, so hey, you might like it

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Pretty sure a year of physics is a pre-req for the majority of med schools... So you're going to have to take it eventually, might as well take it before the MCAT so you don't have to teach yourself.

Reactions: 1 user